Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Project Doomed To Failure

The craft/plant nursery/storage room. It needs to be functional. I've got to get the bulk of my "studio" off of my bed. The thing is, I've tried this before and failed miserably. It's too big, too daunting. I start, work my ass off (which is why I have a wide-screen butt instead of a table top butt), get nowhere, get frustrated, kick my children and beat the cats, become overwhelmed and give up.

This time I think I'll break it down into hopefully doable parts. And then break those parts into parts I can finish in a week, so I feel as if I'm making progress.

Phase One: Unjunk.
  1. Throw away the garbage.
    This is the hardest part. There's so much junk in there-- so many boxes and drawers and stuff. But this has got to get done before anything else can get started.
  2. Put shelves in closet.
    I believe I have enough scrap wood and MDF to accomplish this. This part involves power tools. I'm 50/50 with the power tools. No, that's not true. I'm pretty good with the power tools, it's the measuring I screw up.
  3. Empty all the boxes.
    With the shelves up, my many plastic storage drawers, bookcase and leftover dresser I'm sure I can store my crafting stuff better than stuffing them in moving boxes.

After that I'll take stock and see what I can do about a workspace and seating. Lemme show you what I'm up against.


The room right side:




Left side:


I'm going in. I hope I come out alive.






Oh yeah, my Etsy and Artfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment