Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 19, 2011

Shednanagins Is Over! Long Live Craftgate!

Shednanagins isn't really over. Those two have built the entire shed-- except for one roof part. Apparently that one roof part is really, really hard to put in because it is taking them two weeks to do it. Meanwhile, my yard looks like a dump. But there's nothing I can do about that. Nothing but nag. Which doesn't get the shed built any faster but makes me feel better.

But enough about the shed that I'm not going to talk about. Way back in June I had a vague plan to do a craft show. I looked up some in my area, saw one at the end of August and decided that'll be a good one to do. Last week I realized I that since I did zero preparations I had zero chance of being in that craft show at the end of August. Further research found the Nassau County Craft and Gift Shows. They are a vendor of craft shows and they look to be quite a professional outfit. They also have a show at Hofstra University on October 8th and 9th. That would give me plenty of time to get my shit together. If, you know, I worked at getting my shit together. Yeah, dream on Pinkie. Imagine and dream.

And then, two days after dreaming of doing the Hofstra craft show, I walked into Home Desperate for screws and right out front in a big, gigantic display, there were 6 foot heavy duty folding tables on sale for $44.97. That was a sign, right? I purchased it. Then I went on-line and purchased a cover for it as they are mandatory for these vendors. Then I realized I was really gonna do it.

These vendors request a picture of your display with your application. This is a good thing. I am now forced to complete the display stand I have in my head. This will be project number one. I have an idea in my head. Here's hoping I can execute it.

I'm sort of rushing this entry because I woke up late and I'm chomping at the bit to get working on the display idea. I sure want to see if it'll work. I'm gonna ask again for yous guys to wish me luck, since it worked so well yesterday.




And for our lovely image of the day, how about this beautiful glass pipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment