Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Need To Focus. . . FOCUS!!

Having already spent about seventy dollars preparing for my first fair, I cannot let my backyard or any damn hurricane distract me from completing preparations for it. So that means I must stop avoiding the accursed place, clean it up, set up the workspace and face the TREE OF DOOM!!!!!

Goddamned tree just laying there across my smashed fence, laying on my neighbor's house. The neighbors, by the way, finally came to me after a day of me and hubby walking around the block repeatedly and knocking on the door of an empty house. Really nice people, they assured me no one was hurt and the damage to their house appears to be minimal.

Our insurance agent tells us that, although we are not responsible for the damages to our neighbor's house, we are responsible for the removal of the tree. Which we'll attend to just as soon as the insurance company deigns to respond to our many calls. You'd think that they'd realize a hurricane was coming and add a few more customer service reps. Trying to reach them is like trying to call Michael Jackson on his birthday yesterday, may he rest in peace with his 78 virgin boys in heaven.

Where was I? Oh yeah, FOCUS! I must go out to my yard, clean up the debris and set up my workspa. . . FUCK! The work table was destroyed in the storm. We pushed it against the house, hoping that would be good enough to shield it from the worst of the storm, but the two extender leaves still cracked right off. The table is now only good for decorating our curb until sanitation comes to get it.

This means I'll have to work on the patio table which, luckily, fit inside the now off-kilter shed. Sure the tree knocked the shed stupid and blew off the horribly hung doors but everything inside the shed survived unharmed. The table needs to come out because that is where I take the pictures for my Etsy. I can tell you right now, there will not be any new items listed for some time to come. I just don't have the ganas for photography. I don't have the ganas for much of anything.

On a much brighter note, I made the Craft Fail Blog with these ugly x-rated earrings I made:

You know it's been a bad week when the bright spot is being accepted as a failure. Another bright spot-- the apricot-peach custard with almond-vanilla whipped cream came out fabulous and was totally scarfed up by all. This, of course, is why I'm fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment