Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm Too Old To Be Breaking Night

I've always wondered what it took to be invited to a craft show. Was it secret contacts in the shadowy world of tchotchkes or under-the-table exchanges of batter-dipped deep-fried dough? Nope, turns out all you need is some sort of natural disaster which causes many cancellations, a holiday weekend and an Etsy with an address close to where the show will be held. At least that's what I think prompted my invitation to the Astoria Market on the 4th by the very patient Diane.

Now you may wonder why I accepted a table for September 4th when I spent the last few days crying about how I'm behind schedule for a craft show on September 24th. The first and most important reason is because I'm coo-coo for Coco Puffs. The second reason is because I didn't want my first experience to be with a big, giant, expensive, jury-paneled, need-a-license type dealie but it was far too late in the season to find a smaller, less expensive, friendlier option. And now I have a smaller, less expensive and friendlier option.

So I spent all of last night (and I mean ALL. I finally got to sleep at 5:30 am, which explains why this entry is so damned late) tagging, mounting and bagging every earring I had. I figured it would be the perfect time to take an inventory of what was on hand but I lost count. I think I have about one hundred earrings. And six finger rings. I'm sure about the number of finger rings.

I did not think it would take that long to tag and bag my earrings but I would be damned if I was going to go to sleep before I finished. And, to be honest, the original goal was to tag, mount and bag everything, not just the earrings. However, I am kinda stuck on how to present the bracelets and necklace and the fucking sun came up right in my eye. It surprised and blinded me. So I pretended my goal was to just finish the earrings and laid down right on top of my wooden lap desk and went to sleep. Another day I was happy I work in bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment