Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Uninspired Typing.

There's nothing I want to do that I can right now. I do want to work with copper sheets but I don't have any. I have vowed not to buy any more jewelry crap until I am gainfully employed. But just like my vow to never, ever play stupid Facebook games ever again, this vow will probably be broken. But with this nifty rationalization: I sold stuff these last two weeks. Surely using that money to buy copper will absolve me of vow breaking, won't it?

I want to make copper leaf earrings. I have it in my head how it should look. Alls I need is some copper, that's all I need. Some copper and a jewelry saw. Nothing else except a set of dappers. That's all I need. I don't need nothing else but copper, a jewelry saw, a set of dappers and texturing hammers. And this dog named Shithead . . .. I wonder if The Jerk is on streaming Netflix. I haven't seen that movie in a coon's age.


Where was I? Oh yeah, rationalizing buying some copper. I'm suffering jeweler's block without it. What happens is, I get an idea stuck in my head and it won't get out of the way of any other ideas until it is acted upon. Plus, I need a pick-me-up to compensate for the damned carpet that stubbornly sticks to the friggin' stairs. I wanna make something like this:


only flatter, broader and earringier. And colored with a torch. Torching copper makes it blue and lavender and orange and yellow and pretty. That's what I want to make, flame colored copper leaf earrings.



Queen of Sheeeba's Etsy
PinkSlinkie's Artfire Studio




P.S. While I was typing the above, I put a bid in on copper sheets on Ebay. I have no self control-- it's a very good thing I'm my hobby isn't crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment