Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Can Barely Tear Myself Away

Oh, it's like Charlie Sheen in an opium sex den-- I even forgot to eat I was so into my copper. The only bad part is that a lot of the work is noisy (hammering, orbital sander) so I have to stop by about 7 or my family will kill me. The thing is, I do a lot of my jewelry making in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep. Last night, after I did all the non-noisy coppering, I had to occupy myself somehow, so I made these rings:



Torch coloring copper is fun! Fun, fun, fun! So far I've learned that if you don't like how the color came out, you can sand it away; a bowl of water is good to have to cool the copper quickly so that you can keep the colors you like; too much fire and it turns a yucky penny brown; when you quench it in water, it will knock back a little to the colors it was just before you quench it.

O.K., bye!



Queen of Sheeeba's Etsy
PinkSlinkie's Artfire Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment