Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Royal Sunday

Today starts season two of HBO's Game of Thrones and to celebrate, I went looking for some crowns, some hand-wrought crowns. A crown worthy of gracing my head whilst I sit atop the Thrown of Swords. A crown made by hand-crafters like me. This crown would replace King Robert's House of Baratheon crown as seen here:






After as thorough an amount of research that can be done in an hour, I walk away largely disappointed.





Oh, there are plenty of handcrafted crowns out there, if a Queen didn't mind monarching over Westros in a felt crown

or a wedding tiara








or being a doll








Really, being a doll seems to be the answer













Why was I having such a hard time finding a fitting crown? Did people just stop making crowns? LARPing isn't a thing any more? It looked like if I wanted a proper crown, I'd have to go to a professional metalsmith.


Malcolm Morris has this crown:








Although it's pretty, it's a bit too dainty for the crown of an iron-fisted ruler.




While this one by Pantania metalsmiths is far to modern.














Looks like I'm going to have to not engage in warfare in Westros. I don't have the wadrobe.








Queen of Sheeeba's Etsy


PinkSlinkie's Artfire Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment