Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 12, 2012

No Need To Get Personal

I have been a bad blogger. It has been almost a week since my last entry. This is because I am again blocked by unfinished business. In my head I have a project that cannot be completed because of lack of equipment. This project is based on somethings I have made before, only much, much better. The project, however, requires a micro torch. Not a cheap 11 dollar micro torch-- believe me, those things are only good for browning creme brulee-- but a regular non-plastic nozzle micro torch. I have prefabricated all the components. I have cut, punched, sanded and measured them all. Every single piece of scrap that goes into this imaginary piece of jewelry is ready. But without a torch it's just pieces of junk laying about.





That is not to say that I've haven't been making stuff. Here is a martini glass with a crackle glass olive pendant which, after careful consideration, should be a pin. Plus other stuff that I also feel meh about. I think I will feel meh about everything I make until I can complete the giant, right-on-the-tip-of-my-brain, micro torch needing project. Even if it ends up looking like melted crap fused to rusted scrap metal, I cannot rest until it is done. Which means no rest for me until I get a job as that is the only way I can justify buying an actual functioning micro torch.








Another excuse I'm using to rationalize neglecting this blog is that spring has sprung. The exceptionally warm winter and very early spring weather has me outside doing things I would not normally do until around Mother's Day. For example:





This is the walkway up to the tiny dollhouse in which I live. There was a lot of potting, grooming and trimming to get it to look this shabby. Also noted: the bottom left side of the walkway needs MOAR TULIPS!!!!! This is why you cannot see it in the picture.








Yesterday I did have one moment of pure craftiness ecstasy. Look at this shelf:



You are looking at daffodils from my back yard in front of a lion vase that I painted besides a picture frame that I embellished to within an inch of its life. The picture in the frame is my mommy. The only full-sized picture I have of her. The only other picture I have of her is her NYC welfare ID from the mid-sixties.



And there you have it, folks. TMPersonalI. Happy crafting!








Queen of Sheeeba's Etsy


PinkSlinkie's Artfire Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment