Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 8, 2011

This Bug Up My Butt Is Gonna Cost Me

There was a giant bug up my butt yesterday and its name was Wire Weave. I tried to fight him off because I had other crap that needed to get done and I was successful. Partially. I was successful enough to get done what I needed to get done. Then came bed time. Nope. No sleep. That stupid bug kept growing bigger and bigger and finally, at a little after midnight, I gave in to the bug and attempted to weave a basket. 6 hours later, here's what I had:





That looks pretty good for a first try done in the wee hours, don't it? Yeah well, don't let the camera angle fool you. Here's the other side:





The basket has 3 good sides and that one mangled side. I believe the mangle was caused by my squeezing the poor basket too hard as I fought with the wire. Next time I'll try a bigger basket to see if I can neaten things up. I won't stay up all night to do it. And I won't squeeze the beejebus out of it as I work it.

Last night was the worst night that dumb ass bug could have chosen to crawl in my no-sunshine place. I've got an appointment to see a doctor about my stupid knee at noon today. If I fall asleep before then, I'm not going to make it. I don't think I'm going to make it. In fact, I'm going to go to sleep 7 seconds after I click 'publish post'. Hubby is gonna strangulate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment